To demonstrate the use of the FlexClone_DB_SnapShot_to_Server tool, here’s a straightforward demonstration with pictures.
1) Double-click FlexClone_DB_SnapShot_to_Server.BAT to run thetool.
2) Input the SVM password.
3) Specify which database you want to restore from.
4) Choose which volume you want to restore from.
Image: 1-4 Selecting Database and Volume
5) Choose which snapshot you want to restore from.
6) Then the tool goes away and flexclones the volume, and presents the LUN as an R drive to the server, which automatically opens.
Image: 5-6 Choosing which snapshot to restore from
Image: The tools runs ‘Explorer R:’ so the Explorer Window automatically pops up and you can browse to your EDB file.
7) Press ENTER when you are read to start the tidy up (Flexclone destroy).
Image: 7 Tidy up completed!