1. Open up the Backup Exec 2012 GUI.
2. Click on the Backup and Restore tab.
3. Click on Add VMware Server from the ribbon and follow through the wizard to add the vCenter server.
Image: Add VMware Server
4. With the vCenter added, right-click on the vCenter server in the Server view and select Backup > and Backup to Disk (for example)
Image: Right-click server options
5. Edit the Selections as required
6. Test/Edit Credentials
7. Configure Backup Options – Schedule, Storage, Network, Notifications, Test Run, Verify, Advanced Open File, Security, Pre/Post Commands, Virtual Machines, and Exclusions as required.
For VMware Transport Mode backup from SAN mode, ensure that the Virtual Machines > VMware > SAN tick box is selected
Image: Backup Options > SAN – Use the SAN to move virtual disk data
8. Finally, run the job!
Note: The Backup Exec Agent for Windows must be installed on all (Windows) Virtual Machines where GRT-enabled restores of application data are required. Backup Exec 2012 has just one ‘Agent for Microsoft’ which incorporates Exchange and SQL….
Image: Exception – unable to perform GRT-enabled restore with no Agent for Windows